“We care about your well-being.”
Wendi J. Lovenvirth, DO, FACP
Internal Medicine Associate Program Director, Wellness Committee Faculty Chair
Program Administrator and Wellness Committee Coorindator
Cathy Snapp, PhD
Behavioral Health Specialist
We believe that psychological, emotional, and physical well-being is essential to developing competent, caring, and resilient physicians. Well-being or wellness is not just the absence of burnout. At Piedmont Athens Regional, we deliberately incorporate a culture of well-being.
Enriching the lives of our patients begins with us. In our program, we strive to promote the health and well-being of our residents and faculty. When we are well, our patients are better.
- Resident-led Wellness Committee
- Education on Fatigue Mitigation and Burnout
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Wellness Room
- Psychologist-led Wellness Program for Residents and Faculty
- Resident Journal Club on Burnout and Wellness
- Weekly Wellness Update
Survival in the Kingdom.
We believe progress is built upon relationships, not through hierarchy.
- As the program has grown, we have created family units to ensure each resident has a team of people who they can support them through residency.
- Tribe Composition
- Tribal Elder- Faculty
- Tribal Chief- PGY-3 Resident
- 6 Other Residents
- When issues arise within the program, it is initially addressed at the level of the ‘Tribal Council’ which is made up of representatives from each tribe.
1270 Prince Avenue
Athens, GA 30606 / USA